Monday, May 01, 2017

Noisy Streets

I'd never realized how noisy our street was until earlier this year. I'd never noticed before, but while laying in bed at night realized I could hear cars racing around from miles awy. From the southeast, it seemed I could hear cars peeling out regardless of the time. I now find it quie annoying. I don't get why people feel the need to race their cars at one in the morning, much less one in the afternoon. Should they be fined for that noise? I don't know, but seems to me people should be able to drive their cars. Not sure what to do about all the noise, but this is a very noisy neighborhood and that's not good.

3 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

when i hate the noise outside i take my hearing aids out . makes me 80 % deaf . but that still wont shut off the boom boom boom of stereo noise or the noise of cars sliding around the corners on these dirt roads in down town clearlake . and wont stop the gun shot noise around the corner almost every night the last few weeks .
noise is noise

 
At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Rusty said...

Get a fan, the white noise helps drown out the annoying low level street and city sounds. A friend suggested this to me 20 years ago when I was complaining of not being able to sleep. I got a fan and sleep fantastically I even travel with one. A mid size with 3 speeds works best.

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The level of noise in most communities is very high. This is the main reason I am considering moving to an "Active Adult 55 community" (Trilogy, Del Webb, Summerset) even though it means leaving the North Coast. In addition, such a move opens up a huge world of health care, Kaiser to be specific. To paraphrase the Coen Brothers movie, Humboldt is No County For Old Men.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home