Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Humboldt Hospice

I revently had the pleasure, or not, of dealing with Humboldt Hospice, which, as some of you may know, deals with end of life decidons of those deemed terminally ill. It's akin to heing put on a list of those who are dying, but aren't dead yet. Not my choice but you go where you have to.Not bad, so far, aside from pesky nurses coming by the house and bugging  me.

They provide nurses and medication for end of life care. We'll see how that works out. One unexpected pleasure was they immediately assured me issuance of a Medical Marijuana (215) Card, Doesn't get any better than that, huh?

So, they'll come by on occasion and pester me. Nice enough folks and nice to have someone else in my corner that isn't totally stupid as is the case now.

When do they come by again? Who knows? Maybe later this week?

8 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dam.
Dam dam dam.
Dam it all, Fred, this isn't supposed to happen to you.
Prayers from me aren't enough, just ask my brother. But I will pray for you regardless. I hope others join in with prayers for you and your family.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Julie Timmons said...

My thoughts are with you, Fred.

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Frequent Reader said...

Fred, keep on being Fred, as I'm sure you will. My prayers are with you and your loved ones as you go through this. And you know, you're just cranky enough to fool them all, don't forget that!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

doctors been wrong lots , thats why they have malpractice insurance .
you gonna be around for years and years kicking and screaming at the establishment

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Mikemo said...

Freddy. My thoughts are with you. Ive known you a long time. Take care.

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear this, Fred. I've followed your blog annonomously for a few years and enjoyed it a lot...even the random thoughts. I'm a former Blue Lake resident.

Hospice is great though. I'm currently sitting next to my wife's grandmother who is receiving support.

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Rusty said...

Sorry to hear this Fred. Put up a good fight. I look forward to more post and please keep us apprised, good or bad.

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous John Fullerton said...

Sorry to hear this Fred, don't give up hope and keep fighting.

Hospice was called and helped my younger brother in what was supposed to be his last three months. He ended up living another five good years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home