Saturday, June 26, 2010

Removing Preview Links

I guess that's what they're called. I hate them. Anyone know how to disable them in your browser?

I'm referring to those links in the text of news stories and some blogs. They show up on my Mozilla Firefox browser as blue dots under a series of words. If you move the mouse over them, even for a split second, a window pops up showing you links to related news stories associated to that set of words.

I HATE THEM! I realize you can close them quickly, but they're extremely annoying to me. Anybody know how to get rid of them?

The next annoying thing- actually, just as annoying as the above- are those Facebook and Twitter things that open up on web sites. Sometimes I have a hard time closing those at all.

4 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Rose said...

I don't like Firefox. But there are ad-ons that may help you... they're a big hassle though, IMO, you have to enable/disable on every page you open. I tried them to get rid of the stupid pop-unders on the TS page, but it wasn't worth the hassle.

The new Safari has a nice new "reader" feature that detects if you are on a page with an article and lets you view it with no ads or sidebar crap.

Chrome and Opera are also nice.

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Tom Sebourn said...

Try internet explorer and AVG antivirus?
Rose, are you an apple girl?

 
At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred, when that happens to me in the T-S Topix Forum, I just refresh the page and the links usually disappear.

Let me know if that solves your problem.

 
At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Refresh the page.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home