Wednesday, June 09, 2010

GO, Downey!

YESSS!!! Mike Downey wins the race for Sheriff with 66% of the vote, according to the latest figures at Heraldo's. Looks like I was pretty close with my prediction of a landslide for Downey. I figured it would be closer to 70%, earlier on, though.

Then all the Hislop signs started showing up and I'll admit they had me worried. After all, we do have an awful lot of flakes living up here and their numbers seem to be increasing every day. Heck, Hislop got over 40% of the vote. Just goes to show how many flakes do live up here.

But not to worry. It's over now and the good guys won, at least in the Sheriff's race.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Downey git 66% that means Hislop got over 30%, not forty.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Ooops. My bad. Maybe not quite as many flakes up here as I first thought ( but they're still coming).

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Jeff (not Leonard) said...

Flakes to the left of me, Math Whizes to the right...

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Ernie Branscomb said...

That's what I like about you Fred, you're so damn gracious!

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger mresquan said...

Hey Joe Mellett is a real nice guy and beat Mike Lrig 67% to 32% to win the auditor/controller seat,and no bloggers or newspapers even covered his win.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home