Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Election Day

Today is Election Day and some of you get to go to the polls. I won't be going since I voted by absentee ballot two or three weeks ago.
~~~~~~
Eric Kirk has his voting recommendations up on his blog. A clear Authoritarian slate he's picking, as would be expected, if only because he's voting in the Democratic primary. What other choices does he have?

But seriously, Gavin Newsom is a clear Authoritarian and Eric has long been a fan of his so the label fits if for that reason alone.

I see Eric also, as expected, is voting no on Prop 16 & 17- the PG&E and car insurance initiatives.

I mentioned here earlier I stood aside and didn't vote on those issues but, since Eric is voting against them, I'll go ahead and mark the YES box on the wife's sample ballot to nullify Eric's vote. Connie doesn't always follow my recommendations but she doesn't usually follow the issues that closely so often takes my advice.
~~~~~~
Kudos to Rose Welsh for posting Kevin Hoover's rather convoluted explanation of his endorsement in the District Attorney's race. Reading it, I got the impression he would be voting for Allison Jackson, only to come to the end and see he chose Paul Hagan. Strange line of reasoning, from the way I read it.
~~~~~~
So, the campaign signs in my yard come down at 8pm tonight when the polls close. I hope the rest of you do the same. If nothing else, just pull them up and lay them flat on the ground so we're not all being yelled at anymore.

And no, I don't stay up to watch the election results. Too many bad things happen on elections, especially in this state. I'll read the results in the paper tomorrow morning.

Hey, I don't mind watching car crashes, earthquakes, shootings or other disasters on YouTube after they've already happened. I don't like watching them in real life so I'm not going to stay up and see what will likely be more disasters taking place as election returns come in.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Rose said...

Love ya, Fred.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger AJ said...

Fred, the time-honored tradition is to go out on the lawn at 8 p.m. with a Sharpie pen and write "Don't blame me, I voted for" on all of the signs.

Then, throughout the year, ignore all of the positive changes taking place by whomever is in office that you didn't vote for, and ignore all the misdeeds of the elected officials you did vote for.

By "you" I mean you in the general sense, and more specifically, anyone who has a "Don't blame me" bumper sticker on their car.

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Mr. Nice said...

Hagen represented Hoover. Big surprise he'd endorse his own lawyer. Biased to say the least. Would be like if I endorsed Schwartz, although I dunno what he'd run for. President?

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write, "And no, I don't stay up to watch the election results. Too many bad things happen on elections, especially in this state. I'll read the results in the paper tomorrow morning."

Well, Fred, I remember when we could learn the local election results by the time the local TV News shows were over at 11:30 p.m. ON Election Day.

Then we got computers into the picture, and now we're lucky if we find out who got elected the day AFTER Election Day.

Sometimes we have to wait the better part of a WEEK!

So I say, let's get rid of the computers and go back to hand-counting paper ballots. It worked a lot better than what we are doing now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home