Saturday, August 08, 2009

Rain Ahead

Good news from the weather service if it proves to be true, reported the Times- Standard yesterday. They say we'll have above average rainfall this winter. This, in contrast to my own gut feeling. I was thinking the other day it would probably be a very dry winter. Another one of those cases where I hope I'm very wrong.

Then again, if you look at their prediction, they give themselves a lot of leeway. Almost like the global warming Believers: Cover all your bases: We may or may not have flooding. We may or may not have a lot of rain.

We've heard these El Nino, El Nina predictions from the weather service before. Problem with me is, I never follow up to find how accurate they were. I'm wondering if there's any source for the weather service's old seasonal forecasts and what actually ended up happening. Don't know that I have the time or inclination to try and find such info myself.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Anonymous unanonymous said...

they are more accurate than farmers almanac, less accurate than 3-day forecast. Depends of the magnitude of the deflection of warm equatorial water into the northern pacific.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home