Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Repeal Prop 98? YES!

I've suggested here and elsewhere that we need to repeal Prop 98 and all the other automatic spending increase formulas that have tied the state legislator's hands during budget negotiations. Bruce Maiman wrote a pretty nice piece in the Sacramento Bee proposing the repeal of Prop 98. I wish I could of made the point that well.
*******
Speaking of the state budget, most of you have probablyl heard by now that some sort of budget deal has been made. I'm already hearing different numbers thrown around, but the Los Angeles Times lists some of the supposed cuts and revenue shuffles. I'm curious if the cut numbers are actual cuts, or just not increasing spending as much as some might have wanted?
*******
The Sacramento Bee's, Dan Walters, sees this budget agreement as pretty much the same old fiscal smoke and mirrors that they've done before. We're not over his budget fiasco yet.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would vote to repeal it in a heartbeat. This state has gone into the shitter because of these ill conceived initiatives that have no flexibility.

I am done, and I believe there are a lot of others who feel the same way Fred.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home