Saturday, March 31, 2007

Off Topic: American Idol

I'm not really a fan of the Fox Network's T.V. series American Idol, but I do often end up watching it if only because the wife is a fan. If she was doing something else, I'd probably stick with watching something on my old stand- by the History Channel.

I'll have to admit, I agree with most everyone else that Sanjaya Malakar, the Indian(?) contestant should have been booted long ago. I can't believe he made it through the earlier rounds much less the last one. I joked to the wife it must be some kind of organized movement that's keeping him on the show. Hey, there's no limit to how many times someone can call in their vote, right?

Looks like I may have been right.

Shock jock, Howard Stern, has been promoting this site on his radio show (you need to click on the link in the upper right to get past the sponsor's page) that's trying to get people to vote for the worst American Idol contestants.

Looks like it's working and that is kind of funny, but I also think it's kind of rude. Why try to ruin a T.V. show millions of people like?

Still, it does go to show that some internet based movements can be effective.

6 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger Pamela Reece said...

Hey Fred!! Long time no type! Sorry to hear about your loss of Quizno's (not). I would much prefer something different than another chain restaurant in my neighborhood. There are enough Subway's anyway!

Hey, check out my "Arab Idol" post today. I guess the fever is spreading. Although, they had a lot more complicated names than "Sanjay" as contestants!

Keep smiling!

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do we find your post, Pam?

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Pamela Reece said...

my website address is http://www.patrioticmom.us you will find it there.

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you listen to Howard Stern you must have satellite radio as I can't find him and probably wouldn't look for him anyway.

I tune in to American Idol every few weeks and really only watch the finals. Of course we all know that one of the finalists that got kicked off won an Academy Award. Are they always right?? Are the viewers that vote always right? Guess not with that record.

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Argh!!! Fred he needs to go he is ruining the show and people with real talent are leaving the show. Stop the vote for the worst movement and do not promote them. This is a talent compitition and this negative movement is having the wrong impact. People of America vote for the talented not the worst!!

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude looks like a lady!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home