Monday, March 05, 2007

How Much Time Do You Have Left?

Interesting article in that tabloid that accompanies the Times- Standard on Sundays. USA Weekend had an article on longevity. Basically that's how long people are expected to live. I'll admit to not really reading the article, but I did read far enough to find out where the test was that they determined longevity by.

So, I headed over here and took the test. I actually couldn't take it yesterday as the web site got overwhelmed with everyone trying to take the test. It was slow, slow, slow, so I finally gave up. It worked well enough this morning, though.

You'll notice there's two separate tests; one for those over 49 years old and one for under 49. My longevity is supposedly 74 years old. That seems a bit optimistic to me as I figured the test would show me as already dead.

One cavaet: At the end of the test, before you get your test result, you have to sign up as a member of their site and supply an e-mail address, username and password.

8 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Considering you should already be in a home or locked up, all those years add up. Thats going to be alot of money to keep your dirty little mouth clean.

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

^That was just mean and unnecessary.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Checked out the website, but decided they wanted too much personal information from me.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Joel Mielke said...

Fred, can't we just use your username and password?

 
At 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a great idea! Fork 'em over, Fred!

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Hey, my password is a secret. Besides, I don't think that would work.

You fill in your username and password at the end of the test. You can't get your score without doing so, I don't think. If you entered my name and password, it would probably come back with something like "Username already exists".

Why don't you just take the test and make up a username and password and give a phoney e-mail address.

For what it's worth, I don't think I've received any e-mail from them yet, not even a Welcome To Eons e-mail, so if you're worried about getting stuck on an e-mail list, I'm not sure that's much of a problem here.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Greg said...

A magic eight-ball told me I was going to live to 103. I'll stick with that.

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do NOT have to give them your user name or id to get a score.

I am set to live to 84 and I have sooo many bad habits - all of which I admitted to!

lolololololololololol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home