Sunday, February 18, 2007

I Just Saved A Bunch Of Money...

on my wireless service when out of town. Well, maybe not a whole bunch, but every little bit helps.

A lot of places we've stayed when out of town offer free wireless or hard line DSL. The place we usually stay, the Cathedral Hill Hotel in San Francisco, doesn't offer free wireless but has ATT Wifi that cost $10.00 a day minimum. I noticed something on the ATT sign in page last time we were down there that got me wondering.

Hey, I'm already with ATT (sbcglobal). Shouldn't I be able to get connected here for less than $10.00? Something on their web page said something about existing customers, prices and such. I told myself to remember to check that out later and forgot about it for the most part.

Checked it out this morning and found for just $1.99 month added to my bill I could get unlimited access to their hot spots around the state. They have a number of them all over, Cathedral Hill Hotel being one. So now, instead of paying between $10 to $25 for a one to three day stay in SF, I pay about two bucks and that covers me for the whole month.

They have an even more expensive deal for $21.00 a month where you can even connect at their partner's sites. Don't think I need to bother with that as most places I go it's free anyway. One place I wish I could connect is at the UCSF Medical Center. I wonder if I could talk ATT into setting up a connection there?

2 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're tighter'n a snare drum Fred and I love you for it.

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Good Citizen said...

100's of good paying Tenents treated like Trash
If you rented for Professional Property Management and simply got screwed over e-mail HumSlum@yahoo.com. The only way entities like PPM get taught a lesson is to sue them and go for their buisness. There are numerous entities in California who have websites which outline Tenent/Landlord California Laws. I will be referencing them in the near future.

PPM you should not make the assumption that every one in Humboldt County will stomach your actions. This is just the beginning.

Good Citizen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home