Sunday, April 16, 2006

Is The Humboldt Sentinel Back?

According to Charles Douglas, it's always been there. But, whenever I go to the link I have bookmarked, it's always been an edition from months ago.

Maybe he just wasn't uploading the right pages, or maybe I had the wrong url bookmarked? I don't know, but the url I had bookmarked was humboldtsentinel.com. and should have taken me to the current issue, I would think.

Now my bookmark goes to the March 24 edition, which has some interesting news and commentary on it, including this piece on our very own, Richard Marks. Seems like he's shifted his position on Measure T a bit since he was interviewed for this story as it says "he declined to back Measure T". Hmmm???

Oh well. I think Richard got a pretty good write up from the Sentinel. Some of the letters to the editor and the Green View section I found of interest, as well.

I enjoy reading the Sentinel. I wish he'd be a little more timely in updating his web page. That, and Charles needs to clean up his links. I keep finding dead links to stories I want to read.

We'll keep an eye on that site and see how it goes.

8 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charles doesn't love me anymore...

I told him I wouldn't try to sacrifice him anymore after the last time.

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred,

Seems Charles Douglas should have his name on your No on T site. He obviously hates the campaign from his articles.

I like the tone and all, but is he trying to come across as objective? I had never heard of the Sentinel, is it supposed to be an alternative to the Advocate?

I don't mind his obvious bias, but that's probably because I agree with his conservative positions.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Charles didn't seem interested in having his name on the page. He said he's supposed to appear unbiased. Whatever.

He started the Sentinel after leaving the Advocate so I guess it's supposed to be an alternative.

I don't mind the bias, either, probably for the same reasons, although I'm unfamiliar with some of the issues he comments on.

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's calling Marks a progressive?

Huh?

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marks is Marx

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Richard Marks still supports Measure T. I asked him myself after I saw that article. Charles Douglass - like his cohort Greg Allen - is really just a conservative dressed up as a Green.

Richard Marks is a true Progressive. He's the only candidate that Supports Measure T. He's the only candidate that has consistently supported Paul Gallegos. He's the only candidate that is actually proposing living-wage alternatives to big-box jobs.

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'd better tell the law-and-order gang about how conservative Greg Allen is, somehow a Police Review Commission doesn't strike the cops as terribly right-wing. Of course you probably consider the ACLU to be a bunch of reactionaries too.

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah... to the person who thinks Allen and Douglass are conservatives: you're taking it a little far. I think I know who you are and we've talked about this before.

Being the progressive nut-job that I am, I disagree with them on the Measure T issue and probably a few other things. But as the last comment pointed out, there are other issues that certainly separate them from conservatives.

As for your comments about Richard Marks, you're right. He's clearly the best candidate. Folks can check out his website at: votemarks.org

 

Post a Comment

<< Home