Thursday, April 06, 2006

I Missed My Anniversary

For this blog, that is. I was under the impression I started this blog just a week or two before I added the hit counter to this site on May 8, 2005. I guess I was wrong. I guess that should be expected as I'm horrible when it comes to dates and remembering how long ago something happened. I often can't be sure a given event happened last year or the year before.

I created this blog and made my first post on March 9, 2005. A lot has gone on here since then, and the blog has grown, if you will. Within a few weeks of putting the hit counter here, I was getting an average of ten hits a day. I figured that wasn't too bad for a local blog and about what I expected to eventually get.

A few months ago, the hits started increasing. Now the daily hits average over 100, with the record being around 145 one day not long ago. Not bad. Problem is, there's no way I can tell how many of those hits are unique hits, meaning different people, rather than repeat visits from the same people and I know there's a lot of repeats.

Overall, I feel this blog has been a success, at least for me. It's given me an outlet, not to mention some new friends (and perhaps a few enemies). I thank you all for making this blog work and hope you all keep coming back.

3 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and many more!

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Thanx, all.

Actually, I thought of one downside to this blog, or at least one thing I haven't accomplished as a result of it:

One of the main reasons I started this blog was to get practice in writing so I could be a bit quicker in sending letters to the editor in. It would often take me hours or days to write a letter to the editor after all the editing and such.

Don't know if it's made it any quicker for me to write letters to the editor now, as I haven't written one since I started this blog.

I suppose it doesn't really matter since anyone who's anyone in Humboldt visits this blog anyway.

 
At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers, Applause and Champagne all around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home